A highly-respected national litigation law firm has an exciting new career opportunity in the Minneapolis location for a talented individual to join their Strategy, Pricing and Legal Project Management (LPM) team. The Pricing Analyst is responsible to develop, implement and monitor matter budgets for litigation matters, and support active matter management by leveraging and establishing tools, templates and solutions. This position also conducts analysis to support implementation of legal project management initiatives. This role will collaborate with the Finance function as needed to support monitoring with routine reports and frequent ad hoc, urgent reports at the direction of the Chief Strategy, Pricing & LPM Officer and the Director of LPM & Client Experience.
Reporting to the Director of LPM & Client Experience, this position interacts with the Chief Strategy, Pricing & LPM Officer and other management staff. Within the firm, this position has primary working relationships with the Chief Strategy, Pricing & LPM Officer, and staff of the Finance and Strategy, Pricing & LPM functions.
- Develop matter budgeting, models & templates for litigation matters.
- Actively monitor budget to actual progress, evaluate adherence to and performance of budgets and communicate overruns with matter teams.
- Escalated matters or risks related to matter budgets.
- Develop and/or update client or matter dashboards to monitor progress of strategic objectives and client requirements.
- Support analytics and develop templates to support effective, reliable and efficient budgeting processes.
Legal Project Management – Tools & Solutions (30%)
- Lead processing of matter budgets and fee arrangements into the firm’s budget management tool, establishing notifications and reports for matter teams.
- In collaboration with the Strategy, Pricing & Legal Project Management team, develop best practices, templates and documentation to fully leverage the firm’s budget management tool.
- Establish other tools, solutions and techniques in the areas of legal project management and matter management.
Legal Project Management – Analytics (20%)
- Conduct analysis of substantive information and/or financial data ranging from simple data/information pulls to complex data mining in collaboration with Strategy Pricing & LPM team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of business financial systems preferred.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in pulling, preparing reports, executive summaries and status reports for consumption by attorneys and clients.
- Project management and/or legal project management experience executing on projects with multiple stakeholders and/or working cross functionally on projects.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in data visualization and modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing to attorneys and members of the leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Strategic thinker committed to proactive identification of solutions to enhance the client experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- Two to three years’ experience required in finance, analysis or project management with demonstrated success. Law firm experience and/or project management experience in a related field is strongly desired.