A large organization focused on investments and energy is adding to its Audit team. This is a great opportunity to move into a leadership role with plenty of future upside as well.
- Execute audits, reviews, and perform analysis to support overall conclusions of financial and operational internal controls.
- Provide management with an independent assessment of business risk, internal controls, and the efficiency/adequacy of business processes.
- Perform audits professionally and in accordance with generally accepted audit standards.
- Perform follow-up audit procedures to appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 reporting requirements.
- Participate in special assignments as deemed necessary by management.
- Audit operating system processes for information integrity of transaction documents and report discrepancies.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 plus years of experience in public accounting or audit
- Previous experience with audit program development, entrance and exit conferences, internal audit methodology, work paper documentation and risk assessment.
- Candidates must be willing to travel approximately 20% to locations.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired):
- CPA and/or CIA certification